Frequently asked questions
Frequently Asked Questions
- Clogged or leaky gutters are one of the biggest causes of basement leaks, mold and other foundation problems. Also, standing water in gutters is one of the common places where mosquitoes breed.
- Old worn-out gutters are unappealing and reduce the value of your property.
- Your old gutters may have become bent or dented or may be pulling away from your home in a manner that they cannot be reattached or reworked.
- Your old seamed gutters may have begun to pull apart or have leaks and you would like to replace them.
- You want to change the color of your gutters.
- The drainage of your current guttering is not sufficient so you want to install a larger size gutter and downspout system. Most homes and commercial properties have 5 inch gutters with 2x3 downspouts, but we can install 6 inch gutters with 3x4 downspouts when necessary.
404GUTTERS can tune-up your old gutters and downspouts. This includes re-sloping gutters for proper drainage, adding hangers as necessary, checking existing miter joints, outlets and endcaps and sealing as needed.
- Doesn’t rust
- Lightweight and easy to install
- Available in many colors and can also be painted
- Can last up to 25 years
Our products come with manufacturers warranties that we can provide to you. 404GUTTERS provides a 5 year workmanship guarantee on new installations and 2 years on repairs.
404GUTTERS stands by our work. We will return to your home when we are in your area next to make any necessary adjustments.
How many downspouts you need depends on the local weather, the size of the drainage area, the size of the gutters and downspouts, and what’s needed for your particular house design.
To keep it easy, we recommend that you install at least one downspout for every 30 feet of gutter. This will ensure that you are taking the proper precautions to defend against potential water damage to your home.
K-style rain gutters somewhat resemble the letter K when viewed from the side. What really makes K-style gutters so popular is the typically decorative front side, which generally resembles crown molding. Thanks to their flat bottoms and straight, outwardly angled sides, K-style gutters usually can carry more water than half-round gutters, so they’re especially suited to rainy climates.
Over the past 2 years, we have evolved through challenging supply chain disruptions. We are told that supply constraints related to limited product allocation, raw material availability and freight concerns are increasingly impacting the manufacturing industry and as such, they continue to pass along their increased pricing to us.
All of us continue to realize significant increases in the cost of fuel, coil, wood and related accessories from our suppliers. I'm sure that you have seen the same increases as they relate to your personal lives.
404GUTTERS is driven by customer satisfaction. We believe that safety is important and that's why our crews are vetted and FULLY INSURED. We also think that you should be able to reach out to us anytime and that open and efficient communication sets us apart. WE WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH YOU!
404Gutters uses satellite imaging, when possible, to measure your home because this keeps the cost to our customers lower. We charge per linear foot and our price doesn’t change based on difficulty or demographic. Please get other estimates because you will find that we are very affordable while offering piece of mind. We show up when we say that we will and we guarantee our workmanship for 5 years. You can count on us come back if adjustments are needed, unlike other less reputable companies. We have been in business for almost 20 years.
404Gutters is not a couple of guys with a truck. We are fully insured so should an unfortunate accident occur on your property, you would be protected from personal liability. We also believe that our workers deserve to be paid a fair wage because they have families to support and have treacherous jobs that most of us wouldn’t want to do.
Due to industry wide supply shortages, some product colors are temporarily suspended. As material becomes more available, we will have access to more and more colors that have been out of stock.